Tel: 01732 757616

Driving to Europe Post-Brexit?


If Great Britain leave the EU on 29th March 2019 or anytime in the future, without agreeing a deal, motorists taking their vehicles to Europe will be required to have a physical copy of a Green Card with them. This will be a requirement for all vehicles whilst travelling in the EEA and some other countries (Andorra, Serbia and Switzerland).


We would also highlight the following information:

Registered trailers for international commercial use weighing over 750kg and any non-commercial vehicle over 3,500kg will require a separate green card

Drivers with a UK Driving Licence may need to obtain an International Driving Permit (see

The Green Card must be an original and physical copy (at this stage, it is understood that an electronic copy or photocopy will not be acceptable).

The displaying of a GB sticker on the vehicle will be compulsory.


We see a large number of our clients travelling to Europe as a regular activity within the Event and Exhibition industry, and often, trips can be made at quite late notice. Going forward, it is going to be incredibly difficult to arrange for a green card to be issued for those trips without good notice in advance.


The inability to travel into EU may have a big financial impact on some of our clients, so we are proactively working with policyholders now by requesting information of any planned trips. This will hopefully make sure our clients are prepared for the changing regulations and avoid any last-minute hiccups.


With the Brexit date still being very much up in the air, we are asking each of our clients for the following information on each vehicle that will be travelling within the EU from 29th March 2019:-

Full vehicle details

Drivers details, including dates of birth and home addresses (all drivers, not just lead driver)

Dates of travel

A list of the countries they will be travelling to and through


If you are an existing client of InEvexco Ltd, please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns about your vehicles travelling into EU. Equally, if you are not a current client, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist you where we can.



InEvexco Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
Registered Office: 39 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent, ME19 4SD, Registered in England and Wales, No.7770177